Mt Zion Church provides a strong community of friends to laugh, grow, and serve with. No matter where you are in life, we’ll help you figure out some next steps in your spiritual journey as you become a follower of Jesus Christ.
OUR CHURCH FAMILY
Erik & Debbie Hansen
Born in the Bay Area, Erik has been serving in ministry for the past 25 years and is an ordained minister with the Assemblies of God. He and his wife Debbie have been married for 33 years and have two beautiful daughters, Rebecca, Alycia and her Husband, Dominic and grandson, Maverick. Pastor Erik has served as Associate Pastor, Youth Pastor, Music Pastor, and Children’s Pastor. He has assisted in the beginnings of a Church plant and a Christian school. He loves equipping others for ministry! Pastor Erik and his family have a passion to serve the kingdom of God and come along side people to see them walk in the amazing plan that God has for them!
Jimmy & Anna Newman
Jimmy and Anna have been serving in youth ministry and as associate pastors since 2016 and are commissioned pastors through the Assemblies of God. We have been married since 2011 and have four crazy, awesome boys James, John, Matthew and Paul. Anna has taught preschool at a Christian school and served as leader of rainbows at Mt. Zion as well. Jimmy served as a royal rangers leader at Mt. Zion. We are excited to walk this path with God and guide people to their path with him.
Hugh And Eva Diltz have served in various ministries for over ten years at Mt. Zion Church.
Lynell was born in Los Angeles County but has lived in Amador County for over 36 years. He has been married to my wife, Brenda for 45 years. His grandfather led him to Jesus and has been serving him ever since. He and Brenda have 3 children, 11 grandchildren and 2 great-grandchildren. They have been attending Mt. Zion Church for 23 years, are members of the board and are leaders of the seniors group.
Virgalee Brooks was born in Burrton, KS into a family of ten children. She has been blessed with three children and three grandchildren. Virgie has served God through Follow Up Ministries International (FUMI) with her time, energy, and resources for over thirty-four years in various capacities: Office Manager, Team Leader, Event Planner & Coordinator, Bible Study Teacher, Seminar Coordinator, Seminar Teacher, Director of Women’s Ministries, leading Chapel Services, and assisting in training volunteers for ministry service. With a passion for leading others to Christ.
We exist to welcome people to Jesus Christ, equip them with a real life faith and send them into the world to serve in Jesus’ name.
HOW WE ACHIEVE OUR MISSION
Mt Zion Church provides a strong community of friends to laugh, grow, and serve with. No matter where you are in life, we’ll help you figure out some next steps in your spiritual journey.
We believe that strong families start with a solid foundation. We partner with parents to help raise up the next generation to have a strong relationship with Jesus. There are opportunities throughout the week for adults, children and teens to grow closer to each other and to God.
In our community & in the world.
We serve in many different ways, but there’s one common thread: people who are passionate about demonstrating God’s love to others. As a church we support and engage in several causes to serve our local and global community.
WHAT WE BELIEVE
1. WE BELIEVE…The Scriptures are Inspired by God and declare His design and plan for mankind.
2. WE BELIEVE…There is only One True God–revealed in three persons…Father, Son, and Holy Spirit (commonly known as the Trinity).
3. WE BELIEVE…In the Deity of the Lord Jesus Christ. As God’s son Jesus was both human and divine.
4. WE BELIEVE…though originally good, Man Willingly Fell to Sin–ushering evil and death, both physical and spiritual, into the world.
5. WE BELIEVE…Every Person Can Have Restored Fellowship with God Through ‘Salvation’ (accepting Christ’s offer of forgiveness for sin). [1 of 4 cardinal doctrines of the A/G]
6. WE BELIEVE…and practice two ordinances–(1) Water Baptism by Immersion after repenting of one’s sins and receiving Christ’s gift of salvation, and (2) Holy Communion(the Lord’s Supper) as a symbolic remembrance of Christ’s suffering and death for our salvation.
7. WE BELIEVE…the Baptism in the Holy Spirit is a Special Experience Following Salvation that empowers believers for witnessing and effective service, just as it did in New Testament times. [1 of 4 cardinal doctrines of the A/G]
8. WE BELIEVE… The Initial Physical Evidence of the Baptism in the Holy Spirit is ‘Speaking in Tongues,’ as experienced on the Day of Pentecost and referenced throughout Acts and the Epistles.
9. WE BELIEVE…Sanctification Initially Occurs at Salvation and is not only a declaration that a believer is holy, but also a progressive lifelong process of separating from evil as believers continually draw closer to God and become more Christ like.
10. WE BELIEVE…The Church has a Mission to seek and save all who are lost in sin.We believe ‘the Church’ is the Body of Christ and consists of the people who, throughout time, have accepted God’s offer of redemption (regardless of religious denomination) through the sacrificial death of His son Jesus Christ.
11. WE BELIEVE…A Divinely Called and Scripturally Ordained Leadership Ministry Serves the Church. The Bible teaches that each of us under leadership must commit ourselves to reach others for Christ, to worship Him with other believers, and to build up or edify the body of believers–the Church.
12. WE BELIEVE…Divine Healing of the Sick is a Privilege for Christians Today and is provided for in Christ’s atonement (His sacrificial death on the cross for our sins). [1 of 4 cardinal doctrines of the A/G]
13. WE BELIEVE…in The Blessed Hope–When Jesus Raptures His Church Prior to His Return to Earth (the second coming). At this future moment in time all believers who have died will rise from their graves and will meet the Lord in the air, and Christians who are alive will be caught up with them, to be with the Lord forever. [1 of 4 cardinal doctrines of the A/G]
14. WE BELIEVE…in The Millennial Reign of Christ when Jesus returns with His saints at His second coming and begins His benevolent rule over earth for 1,000 years. At that time many in the nation of Israelwill recognize and accept Him as the Messiah, the Savior who died for them and all mankind.
15. WE BELIEVE…A Final Judgment Will Take Place for those who have rejected Christ. They will be judged for their sin and consigned to eternal punishment in a punishing lake of fire.
16. WE BELIEVE…and look forward to the perfect New Heavens and a New Earth that Christ is preparing for all people, of all time, who have accepted Him. We will live and dwell with Him there forever following His millennial reign on Earth. ‘And so shall we forever be with the Lord!’
OUR CORE VALUES
1. Compassion First
We are a people of courageous compassion looking to the needs of others more than the needs of our own.
Matthew 9:36 ”When he saw the crowds, he had compassion on them, because they were harassed and helpless, like sheep without a shepherd.”
2. The Local Church
We believe in the local church, a family of believers is the hope for its community and the world.
Ephesians 2:19-22 ”Consequently, you are no longer foreigners and strangers, but fellow citizens with God’s people and also members of his household, 20 built on the foundation of the apostles and prophets, with Christ Jesus himself as the chief cornerstone. 21 In him the whole building is joined together and rises to become a holy temple in the Lord. 22 And in him you too are being built together to become a dwelling in which God lives by his Spirit.
3. Laughter is Key
We will laugh loud and often. We believe there is nothing more fun than being a part of Christ’s Church.
Psalm 4:7 “Fill my heart with joy when their grain and new wine abound.”
4. Sacrificial Living
We give up things we love for things we love even more. We are contributors not consumers. Our membership exists for the non-members. We will be fueled by God to reach the lost.
Matthew 5:41 “If anyone forces you to go one mile, go with them two miles.”
5. Intentionally Strategic
We are all gifted by God to have maximum impact when we have an organized strategy.
Esther 4:14 “For if you remain silent at this time, relief and deliverance for the Jews will arise from another place, but you and your father’s family will perish. And who knows but that you have come to your royal position for such a time as this?”
6. Bold Faith
We are big thinkers and big risk takers. We will set impossible goals that can only be reached by a big God.
Romans 4:18-22 “Against all hope, Abraham in hope believed and so became the father of many nations, just as it had been said to him, “So shall your offspring be.”[a] 19 Without weakening in his faith, he faced the fact that his body was as good as dead—since he was about a hundred years old—and that Sarah’s womb was also dead. 20 Yet he did not waver through unbelief regarding the promise of God, but was strengthened in his faith and gave glory to God, 21 being fully persuaded that God had power to do what he had promised. 22 This is why “it was credited to him as righteousness.”
7. God’s Best
When we align our lives with God’s best for us, we can all have the abundant life that God has designed for each of us.
John 15:7 “If you remain in me and my words remain in you, ask whatever you wish, and it will be done for you.”
Mt. Zion Church is affiliated with The Northern California/Nevada District of the Assemblies of God.